Search This Blog

Sunday 11 May 2014

UK Scrappers 52 Card Challenge 2014 - week 10


Going back to Week 10, Nat set us a challenge to use the following items - wood, plastic, stickers.  I thought "what!" for several weeks. 

The challenge never has to be interpreted that literally, but however and whenever your inspiration strikes. 

Today is Mother's Day here in Australia, and here is a challenge I made for my lovely Mum which uses these ingredients. 

 
 
I don't buy many in the way of crafting magazines these days, but one I liked and bought occasionally was "Get Stamping" from the UK.  This was a lovely set of free stamps that came with edition 8 - sadly, the last edition for this magazine, which is just typical - not the same old tat in the vein of Practical Publishing, which claims editorial staff are crafting experts to save paying design team fees!   
 
I have used my new Close to My Heart inks in Slate and Desert Sand for most of the stamping - I firstly stamped the tree, then the fence, and then the love seat, using a bit of masking as I went along. Quite a bit of colouring with Promarkers, and I even dusted off my Stazon ink to stamp on the acetate for the seat (the "plastic" part of the challenge). 
 
This card was definitely a labour of love - I haven't spent so long on a card for a very long time - but if you can't do if for your Mum, when can you? 
 
Loads of Stardust Stickles and gems to lift this card, as before it, everything looked flat and dull and in desperate need of a sparkle! 
 
Supplies:
Letraset Promarkers
Echo Park Paradise Beach Hang Ten (background paper)
Stampin' Up! Whisper White cardstock
Inks:  Close to my Heart Desert Sand, Slate, Stazon, Simon Says Stamp! Leaf Green,
Lawn Fawn: Sunny Skies Clean
Kaisercraft and Queen and Co gems
Kasiercraft Mini Alpha Stickers:  Latte
 
Happy Mother's Day Mum - hope you have a wonderful day.  xxxx


3 comments:

  1. It was certainly worth the effort and I'm sure your Mum loved it. I remember that challenge and I thought "plastic?" too, but it could be something as simple as a button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really really lovely - love how you have interpreted the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely card, love all the sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete