Search This Blog

Tuesday 31 December 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year, everyone!  It is bright, early and hot here on New Year's Day - the boys have woken up very early today but I have no intention of letting them out until the usual time, so I am enjoying having a cup of tea in relative peace, and getting up to date with my blog. 

So - the first prompt for this year is to use some new crafty bits received for Christmas.  I didn't actually receive anything craft wise, but something even better arrived in the post on Monday, the 29th December - my blog prize from Jennifer McGuire. 


 

I have always idolised Jennifer's clean style and ethos and was even more impressed with her organisation - I have been disappointed a few times in the past when something you've won either turns up very late, or never turns up at all!

All crafters will know the joy of getting new supplies - my heart did a little skip when I saw the "Simon Says Stamp!" on the side of the box - that is something that I never thought I would see, especially in Australia. 






As you can see, the box contained a beautiful array of really thick, high quality cardstock and 4 die ink stamp pads. 

I decided to grab the intention of sitting down as soon as possible and making her a thank-you card.  I used a light blue card from the Rainbow Cardstock collection - it is wonderful to work with, and so robust - great for a really professional finish. 

A light while ago, Aldi did some scrapbooking supplies as part of their weekly specials, and I picked up a small paper pad of 12 x 12 papers and some stickers.  The oversized button stickers, flower stickers and background patterned paper were all included.

I pulled out some coordinating scraps of patterned paper for the scallop and fence detail - some scraps of a Crate Paper range from some years back fit beautifully into the colour scheme. 

When my Mum was over in the UK for the birth of my boys 2 1/2 years ago, she made herself busy with my craft supplies, by punching out loads of little flowers in assorted colours, and doing some stamping.  The stamped tag is actually a Christmas one, which I have covered up with the sticker pieces. 

The "awesome" sticker is something I would never usually use, so it was perfect for someone in America!  The "you are" came from a Project Life card set. 



Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp! light blue cardstock
Create It patterned paper and stickers
American Crafts Flower Shoppe jewelled flower embellishments
Project Life "Boy" mini set
Flower and heart punches on assorted scraps
Martha Stewart Fence border punch
Papermania "Season's Greetings" tag stamp
Pink gem from freebie magazine set

So - this card will shortly be winging it's way to America and Week 1 of the 2014 52 card challenge is now complete.  I have no idea where we'll end up or what further disruption we will face in this New Year, but we shall try to craft on, regardless!

Happy New Year. 

3 comments:

  1. Nice prize and a great start on the 52 Card challenge. Happy New Year to you and yours Ali. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a positive start on the job front xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on getting cracking on the 52 card challenge already! Lovely prize too. Happy New Year Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! thanks for the fabulous card. xo!

    ReplyDelete