Search This Blog

Friday 2 August 2013

52 Card Challenge - Week 28 Deck Chair Stripes

This week, Nat challenged us to use Deck Chair Stripes as the Week 28 challenge -


My card couldn't have been simpler! I think a piece of Basic Grey as the deck chair mat, with a piece of Kaisercraft paper to mat the embossed dandelion clocks.

Several years ago, my friend Linda lent me her embossing folders whilst on a scrapbooking weekend, and they have been sitting unloved in a drawer for a very long time.  The rub-on leaves were CherryArte ones which had stuck to the backing sheet, so I simply cut them out and used them as such on the card. 

For a wee bit of dimensionality, I added some teeny tiny pearls which I bought by mistake - they really only require the most miniscule portion of glue to make them stick! Then a "Got Flower" flower by Prima - I still have a bottle of these in all assorted colours on my desk and I find them very handy for card making. 

The message was from a freebie stamp set which doesn't shop up very well.  I guess the quality is pretty poor, but I do really like the font!  I shall perservere, but if not worth it, it shall go in the bin!

I like the simplicity and "quietness" of this card.  You can't often say that about my projects!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely clean looking card. Less is more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one Ali. Very elegant!

    Well done. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely clean lines, I love dandelion clocks and this embossing folder is great
    :D
    Lisa
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant, that is a beautiful embossing folder. I often find the freebie stamp sets aren't that great :(

    ReplyDelete