Search This Blog

Monday 10 June 2013

UKS Scrappers 52 card challenge - Weeks 5 and 19

For this challenge, Nat asked us to use this sketch:

 
 I took the snowflake literally and made a Christmas card:
 
 
I think there's a vintage, grungy vibe going on! I embossed the snowflake and the greeting with Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid ink, and then sprinkled pink glitter over the top.  To stop it shedding, I coated everything with Glossy Accents.  It does end up making the image look a bit clunky, but I would rather have that than glitter falling everywhere!
 
I layered up some of the small stars on the Cuttlebug die and using them as accents.  I layered up a star on top of the snowflake and adhered over the ribbon strip. 
 
Supplies:
Basic Grey Granola "Wholesome"
Pink Patterned Paper - ?
Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid Pigment Ink
Pink Glitter
Glossy Accents
Inkadinkado Peppermint Twist clear stamps by Brenda Walton
Cuttlebug dies "Winter"
Black lace
Stardust Stickles
EK Success corner rounder
Papermania Capsule collection "Red Hot" pink gems
 
The challenge for Week 19 was to make a card with texture.  I found this sample of a 10 Second Studio make I had done a good long while ago at LB Crafts - stamping onto foil with Stazon, and then embossing the metal using the various tools and wheels. 
 
Again - good to get all the little bits and bobs out of the way, so I decided to make a card out of it!
 
 
You'd think I would have checked if the foil was square before sticking it onto the card! The scrap of patterned paper brought in the grey colours successfully and married together the colour scheme.  I should have also used a grey ribbon, but the black and white one was to hand.   A very simple card - I bolstered the raised texture of the foil by adhering some pinflair glue behind it so it wouldn't get squashed flat. 
 
Supplies:
Bazzill flat black cardstock
10 second studio sample on foil
black and white spotty ribbon
Craftwork Cards sentiment
Black and grey patterned paper - HOTP?
Martha Stewart iron fence punch
 
Thanks for stopping by! :)




3 comments:

  1. Now do you have my address to send me that gorgeous card for Christmas lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you use up all if your stash, it inspires me to use my scraps for cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another couple of lovely cards xx You are doing well with your catch up!!

    ReplyDelete