Search This Blog

Thursday 7 March 2013

Miracles - Sketchy Scrappers Feb 2013 layout

Welcome to this challenge, using this sketch:-


I did this layout this last weekend, at a lovely retreat with friends from UKS.  I decided to scrap the birth announcement I made and sent out to people who had sent cards and gifts when the boys were born. 

 
I had no intention of making an inky, arty layout, but when a very old rub-on I decided to use disintegrated all over the page, I had to fix it somehow.  A very team effort, this - Washi tape from Tara, scraps from Jules, a white pen from Lee, Mr Huey's mists from Jess and I also borrowed some masks from Lisa to make the splodgy bits!
 
I used a stamp and masking technique to make a double image on the birth announcement and then used Promarkers around the edge for the gingham ribbon look. 
 
Supplies:
Mr Huey's misters - white and blue
Dotty masks
Washi tape
Scrap paper
Fiskars punch for the stitching effect
The blue fabric photo corner from a free gift from Scrapbook Inspirations, many moons ago
Blue punch outs using my Cropadile
Uniball Signo White Pen
Patterned papers: Three Bugs in a Rug April Showers "Chickadee"; Echo Park Splash "Big Stripes"
 
When speaking to Krafty Karen on the weekend, she said that some of her layouts that had used rub-ons had lifted off the layout and onto the page protector.  What I will do before putting this layout away is that I will secure the rub-on title by using Glossy Accents over the top.  That will fix it!
 
Not the elegant, clean layout I was envisaging, but creating is an organic process, and sometimes it just doesn't end up the way you imagined ... sometimes maybe a good thing!



1 comment:

  1. This is lovely, what a great idea to scrap your birth announcements for a memento. My projects hardly ever turn out as envisioned, I just kind of let them happen now as it seems my mind and hands work separately!

    ReplyDelete