Search This Blog

Monday 28 May 2012

Support our Soldiers Part 2

I have been making another batch of cards to boost the assortment that I will send to the "Support our Soldiers" activity.  Here are the details should you wish to participate, otherwise click on the link above to read more about the charity.

SUPPORT OUR SOLDIERS
UNIT 2155
SAFE STORE SELF STORAGE
MIDDLE ENGINE LANE RETAIL PARK
WALLSEND
TYNE AND WEAR
NE28 9NT


Apart from thinking that it is a fantastic cause to support, it is also a creative way for me to use up more of my crafting supplies. 


Paper - all A4 by Anna Griffin, which came in the Plaid decoupage kit.  Borders outlined with marker to give them some definition.  Stamped message by Woodware - I love that script!


Added a big yellow flower here - not so sure about that, but sometimes it just has to do!  Greeting by Craftwork Cards. 


May Arts ribbon that I've had also for a number of years and another Craftwork Cards sentiment. 



I had a Kraft frame in my supplies, along with this masculine ribbon and one of these plaques left over from the beautiful Life's Journey paper which came out many years ago.  I felt like making something a little different, so the "bon voyage" theme it became!


I cut out the matt using my Tim Holtz movers and shapers label die and outlined it with cinnamon Stickles.  The sentiment was coloured with a Promarker. 



I find my circle punches are a crafting essential and are probably the most used equipment I own. 

Supplies:Gems, Pearls, Stickles
Papermania Felt Ribbon and floral accents (pearl centre)
Craftwork Cards Birthday sentiments
Plaid Dragonflies and Bees decoupage kit by Anna Griffin - green stripe, writing, check and dragonflies and bees patterned papers
Paper Adventures - Stampendous design Heirloom Interiors Vintage Rose - Yellow
ki memories - lace cardstock
Stampin' Up "Elementary Elegance" (happy birthday)
Basic Grey "Journal Block" set
Personal Impressions "Frames and Greetings"

It gets a bit difficult to try and differentiate one from another after a while, but I suppose that is always the cause when making a concerted effort to use up a particular batch of supplies!   Back with more to share soon. 

4 comments:

  1. Great cards Ali and a lovely cause to support x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Ali - like the green theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab cards Alison and great to support this cause.
    You should post details on here so others can join in too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful cards and such a great cause to support :)

    ReplyDelete