Search This Blog

Sunday 8 April 2012

Happy Easter!

I love Easter time, whether it be here in the UK, or in Australia.  It is one time of the year when the weather can be very similar in either place - the promise of spring in the UK with sometimes the touch of summer, whereas in Brisbane, particularly, there is a gentle and gradual move towards the cooler times of Autumn. 

This has been the dreariest and coldest Easter I can remember!  Normally we get a spot of really hot weather, but I suppose we had it a few weeks ago.  Anyway, the time has been put to good use - cooking for the boys, cleaning, and stashbusting, too. 

My family have always celebrated Easter - I think it is a way of sending love across the miles.  So I got organised a few weeks ago and made up a batch of cards, using freebie papers and some other supplies. 

They are all variations on a theme - but that is the best way of making a batch, isn't it? The card below was for my sister and three year old niece.  It was the first time I'd used my "Stampin' Up!" message stamp, so it took me a few tries to get the lining up right. 


I had the scrap of green lying on my desk, and I stash busted the ribbon.  Its from May Arts, and it's been in my ribbon bag for years. I also used my Stampin' Up! scallop punch - the white was from a left over bit of photo paper.  With the glossy side down, you'd never know!


I'd botched up punching a few daisies, but if you hang them off the card, it really doesn't matter, and looks like you've designed it that way! I love how spring-like the card feels. 


 How to disguise when you don't have enough background paper to cover the whole card.  The matt underneath the green is a scrap of pink vellum.


 The scalloping is a bit skewiff on the above card - funny how when you take a photo of it, the mistake is really magnified!


One sheet of A4 paper goes quite a long way!  The green floral Papertrail patterned paper is so fresh and pretty. It was also fun to stamp the bunny and colour it in with a variety of different colour schemes, using my trusty Promarkers.  I hope everyone is having a lovely Easter. 

Supplies:
The Papertrail Company patterned papers - the Scrapbook Magazine
Easter Bunny stamp - Great Impressions
May Arts ribbon
Scalloped Edge punch - Stampin' Up!
Everybunny stamp set - Stampin' Up!
Xcut 3.2cm Botanical embossing punch
Promarkers

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant stashbusting Ali! Such cute cards too, in perfect Spring colours. Happy Easter to you and your lovely family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, You're doing so well on the stash busting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards and wow so many from one A4 sheet - brilliant bit of stash busting. I am sure your family loved them.

    And the weather could have been worse - we have had snow before at Easter LOL!!!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Ali and let's hope the sunshine is back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tese are fun. Hope you had a good Easter. x

    ReplyDelete