Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Sketch and Scrap February

Here is the sketch we used this month - - -


and here below is the layout I created in response. 


It was the first time I used my "Pooh and Friends" Cricut cartridge.  Very fiddly and extremely time consuming, but worth the effort, I think!  I created the inner border with an inch circle punch and the side detail is supposed to emulate the stripes on Henry's shirt.  The colours are pulled directly from the boys' Tigger dungarees and shirts.  The alpha dome stickers are "Mod Designs" by Autumn Leaves and part of my stash busting challenge - they are at least five years old.  No matter how many circle punches I have, I find I never have enough ... I created the white circles underneath the stickers using a Quickutz bubble die.  The stickers really needed the white behind them for some added impact. 

The die-shaped lime green layout base was created by cutting 1/2 inch off each side, and then using an inch circle punch, measuring out evenly spaced semi-circles around the border. 

My journalling reads "Grandma Jones wrapped you both up in her fake fur and you were snuggled in Grandpa Jones' armchair.  At one stage, we could barely see you!"  Pics taken 30th August 2011.


4 comments:

  1. Ali, this is just soooo lovely. I love how you have eched the colours in the photos perfectly ( and WHAT wonderful pics of your little men they are too) The embellishing of the page is just perfect too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your pages of the boys. X

    ReplyDelete