Search This Blog

Sunday 15 January 2012

January Card for Scrapology

Ali from Crafty Ribbons generously donated the prize this month - and with Valentine's Day coming up soon, the theme this month is all about love. 

As fate would have it, a friend has very recently become engaged - I really need to get my act together and post her the card!

We were challenged to use ribbons on the card and there are some very lovely examples of cards on the Scrapology blog. 

Here is my example below. 


I wanted to make the focus on the ladybird ribbon - hence the message.  

I received the Stampin' Up! scallop punch from my friend Tara as one of my Christmas presents - I know it will be a much loved tool in my edge punch library. 

Supplies used:
Cricut red card
K & Co red scrap from my scraps bag
Lined patterned paper from my scraps bag
Bazzill Black card
Bazzill White card
Martha Stewart loopy punch
Stampin Up! scallop punch
E K Success Binding Edge punch
Quickutz heart
PSX Alpha - "Playful"
Colourful peel-offs

I bought some really bright colourful vinyl peel-offs from Create and Craft probably about two years ago.  I am not normally a fan, but peel-offs do have their place - it all depends on the design and type of peel-off.  These ones really attracted me as they were such lovely bright colours and the design was of butterflies and leaves - universally popular. 

Why not join in with the challenge?  These lovely ribbons would make a great prize ...

3 comments:

  1. Cute card Ali - love those ladybirds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can vouch for this card as I was the very lucky recipient!! I loved it! Thanks Ali xxx

    ReplyDelete