Search This Blog

Thursday 1 December 2011

December Scrapology Layout

I didn't think I would make it this month, but managed to carve out a bit of time close to the deadline to make the December Scrapology challenge.  This month, we scraplifted Pamela Young's layout below. 



This is how I interpreted the scraplift. 


I went with the three photos (albeit of different shapes) and the scalloped circle, so stuck to the main elements on Pamela's layout. 

The background is a very light green Bazzill cardstock, so it doesn't show up too well.  I haven't indulged in too many new scrapbooking products lately, but one thing I couldn't resist was a couple of collections by First Edition, bought to scrapbook the boys as babies.  The papers are so cute, and perfect for baby boys.  The alphabet, journalling block and patterned paper are all from the same range, called "Up Up and Away!"

You can see looking between Pamela's layout and mine that I also interpreted using the mist differently.  Rather than use tissue paper, I misted a border around the edge of the patterned paper.  I used a piece of Crate Paper as a template for the patterned paper, and then drew a border freehand using some white scrap paper to form the border.  The mist is Cosmic Shimmer "Teal Wash" and this mist really does shimmer in real life. 

The journalling spot and motif does glitter too - shame the effect does not show up on the screen.  My journalling reads:
"6 days old - 12th July.  When you were first home from hospital, we were still trying to breastfeed.  However, we were also worried that you weren't getting enough, so we were also feeding you with syringes so you weren't getting confused between breast and bottle.  Looking back almost 5 months, it is hard to believe you were both so small and we were worried about your weights!
Grandma Brierley and Lewis, Grandma Jones and Henry.  Scrapbooked November 2011."

Even though it is a very busy time of year, why not grab some time for yourself and take part in this challenge!  Thanks for stopping by.  :) 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Ali, I love what you did with the mist and I love the photos with a baby for each Granny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely layout Ali. The soft colours are beautiful and the photos (with co-ordinating grandmas) is super.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so lovely Ali, what super photos too....just beautiful.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout Ali, so pleased you manged to find some 'me' time to make a DT entry. Lovely photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. I love that journallin block, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truely beautiful. Such precious memories to capture.
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete