Search This Blog

Friday 30 December 2011

December Scrapology card challenge

This month, the card challenge was set by Chrissy from Merly Impressions. 

My husband and my FIL have birthdays very close together.  The timing of this challenge was perfect with a theme of autumn and leaves.  I often resort to using leaves on masculine cards as I feel they are a very versatile embellishment. 


The above was the card for my husband - my Sizzix dies turned out very useful.  I have bought both the Tim Holtz labels and mini labels die and I also used some ancient alphabet stickers from Chatterbox.  I like the positive and negative images here - a great way of making the stickers stretch further on a budget.  All the leaf images are also from a Tim Holtz Decorative Strips die - Autumn Gatherings.  I used the Basic Grey Granola range of papers for all the leaf shapes.  The background patterned paper was an ancient piece of Jenni Bowlin - great to cut into some of these papers and get them used up!  I used lashings of Tim Holtz distress ink around the edge to add some depth. 

My father-in-law's card was a variation on the theme -


A few more bits and pieces gone from the mountain of stash - now, where can I buy some more time?  If you get some time, why not join with us and having a go at the challenge? 

No comments:

Post a Comment