Search This Blog

Sunday 18 July 2010

Heuchera Display

Gosh, from the planning, to the finishing, this layout has taken me about 3 days .... I don't know why that is! 

Never mind, done now.  In response to a challenge set by Jimjams on UKS - use some of your oldest stash!  Well, that's not new for me, as I don't really stash discriminate .... :lol:  My friend gave me that piece of cream, gold and maroon patterned paper at the last crop, but in actuality, it is probably six or seven years old!  I refused to put it in my paper collection, as there it would sit, so I was determined to use it before it left my desk.  I've made about 4 cards from half of it, and there is still a 6 x 6 bit of it left ....


All other paper from my scraps bag, and is K and Co, and Basic Grey. I am also on a mission to use up some of my extensive fibres collection - so I laid some chocolate brown eyelash fibre underneath the loopy punch border of the circle so that the colour pops a bit. Lots of sewing on this layout, and I also used some bronze cosmic shimmers. Part of my Chelsea Flower Show 2009 series - I love all the colours and textures of the heuchera and my journalling is about them. I thought that the photo needed a matt, but used more scraps of paper underneath which gives some contrast to the photo.  Hmmm - need to do something with those leave and spray branches that I cut out ... maybe some more colouring around the edge, perhaps?  Thanks for stopping by.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment