Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Finishing off!

I went away with a group of scrapbooking friends a couple of weekends ago and isn't packing always a problem?  What do you work on?  How many supplies do you take, and how full is your car?  I love going to crops and weekends away, but the organising and knowing what to take and what actually gets used is always a thorny issue.

This year, I decided to do something different, and just take unfinished projects.  Most layouts I create are single ones these days, but I do love the colour order and the symmetry of a double layout. 

Here's the first one I finished that weekend - the left hand layout appeared in Creative Scrapbooking some years ago, and I think the article might have been on using fabric ....

Photos are of the Houses of Parliament in Westminster, which gleam gold on a sunshiney filled day.  For the letters on the left hand layout, I drew some out freehand on a piece of cardstock, and then cut then out, glued on material and then cut out the letters again, and then stitched over the top.  Much as I love the convenience of letter stickers and Thickers, etc, occasionally it is nice to stretch your creativity and do something more "handmade". 

The layout was a relatively simple task to finish off once I hunted out all the bits and pieces .... I used Tulip 3 D copper paint and Jo Sonja gold paint over the sand coloured cardstock to add some glimmer and shine ... some fibres in exactly that range of colours just finish off the border.  Very satisfying to have finished this layout off after probably at least 3 years of sitting around, taking up craft space, not in an album! 

I shall have to see how well I am able to achieve my goal of finishing all unfinished layouts and projects this year ....

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Ali - love all the little details on the layout. As I am always a passenger going to crops or retreats I tend to pack fairly light, so along with my table top bag and my pull along tote I tend to grab some of my monthly kits, some wallets of photos and then hope for the best. I think my first retreat I did painstakingly put together something like 20 page kits and only did half of them. I prefer now just to sling some stuff together and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout Ali, I love the lettering! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having been with you and seen this IRL it's nice to see the finished article, Ali.:)

    I think you've kicked me into gear to get some of my unfinished LO's sorted out now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy seeing handmade details on cards and layouts. It's more personal somehow. A handsome layout, Ali, - if only the same could be said for those honourable members of that establishment! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its Lee
    Love the elephants what a collection of lovely photos are you going to do an lo?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete