Search This Blog

Friday 2 April 2010

Flying Away

On cold and rainy Easter days, what better way to keep industrious than by crafting?  Home alone, I have made these cards as a little pressie for my mother-in-law to take to her cousin in South Africa. 

A goodly while ago, my friend embossed loads of bits of cards with her Cuttlebug folders.  I've had odd bits of card sitting around for about two years, waiting to be used. 

My first card is the last of a card set from Hot off the Press when I first started crafting - I love using up the last of stuff!  A simple label from Craftwork cards, and a semi circle scrap from Basic Grey Scarlet's Letter. 

This next one is lovely and bright for kids.  Years ago, when I painted a bathroom bright orange, I bought a wallpaper border which I never opened.  This is one way to gradually use it up - a simple matching peeloff, and job done!

This next card was made using alcohol inks for the bottom strip, and some Doodlebug paper frills.  I picked up these birdhouse stickers for a snip that did look different on line - but now that they're home, best to be used! 


That's one more peeloff used up.  I have a cut set of wooden stamps from Hero Arts called "birds and branches".  Just coloured in with promarkers and it coordinates with the rest of the card!

This next card is very simple - another one of those bargain stickers, with some coordinating ribbon and some cotton lace for a more rustic feel.  Suitable for a man or a boy - I wanted these cards to be as versatile as possible.
  

Here's another one with some of those birdie stickers .....



Here I used some left over Kanban sheet - and some Bazzill.  I coordinated it together with my Fiskar's Threading Water punch and some light pink spotty ribbon.  Not one of my favourites,but they can't all be! 

For my next card, scraps of Basic Grey Lilykate here for a very feminine look.  I cut it for a vertical opening for something a bit different, and also trimmed down the left hand side when the card is opened.  Peeloffs have their place and you can get some inoffensive ones these days.  The flower's too big for the perspective, but it's done! Sometimes it pays not to be too critical. :)

I might come back to post the others later - best go and get dinner on, before the bear comes out of his cave and growls too loudly!

1 comment: