Search This Blog

Saturday 20 March 2010

Grow

I'm not usually a fan of calling a layout by a phrase, but there seemed to be nothing else to call it...

A challenge layout I did today - challenge was to use only cardstock (no pp), a quote, and lots of embellishments!

Each person got a packet of Prima Brad Bitts at the recent Inspired retreat, and I don't really like big brads, so I designed this layout with the purpose of using them in one go. (I failed - I've got one left! :lol:) Vintage doily bought at a boot sale yonks ago, and I "doodled" around the edge of the layout with lots of ribbon and staples. Photo is me when I was 13 months old. I scanned the back of the photo and used it as my journalling because it is my grandmother's handwriting. The quote is from Heidi Grace and reads "It's where we go and what we do when we get there that tells us who we are". Joyce Carol Oates.

Products were vintage ribbon, bingo card, Jenni Bowlin ticket, Prima flowers, leaves cut out on the Cricut and the little birdy, branch and treehouse are a cute set from Hero Arts.  Doodlebug bling brads are silver.  Those Prima brads look skewiff here - they also have tulle circles with the brads. 

1 comment:

  1. Just shows how good a LO can look without a piece of PP in sight. That lacy coaster looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete