Search This Blog

Wednesday 24 February 2010

Roses

Here's a handy link to the fabulous tutorial from Wendy Vecchi about how to make those superb dimensional roses that are all the rage at the moment.  I must also have a go at Sir Tim's beautiful rose encrusted tag here

You don't specifically need that punch - you can make roses equally well using a heart punch, using the same cut away technique sticking the hearts together.  I used my Quickutz heart die to make these roses on this birth card for my niece to intersperse between the two paper apricot roses I had left, and then added some paint to soften the colour and match in.  I used a lot of obligatory old stash on this card - that K & Co frame I've had in my supplies forever!  This card is a lot more girly than my usual style - still, I suppose it is fine, considering the subject.


I have been adding to a layout over the past few days,and really fancy making a big,blowsy rose out of fabric to go on it.  It will have to bubble on in my head for a couple of days, because at the moment, I am packing to go to a retreat.  Exciting stuff, though my crafting ability might be somewhat impaired! I will give an update as to progress next week.

Here's a link to some torn paper flowers from Gabrielle Pollacco:

And yet another link - this time to layered strip flowers which is a really pretty and very dimensional flower. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link Ali - those roses are beautiful - I must have a play with some of my punches.

    Enjoy your retreat.

    ReplyDelete