Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 February 2010

First Post!

After refusing to jump on the blogging bandwagon and resisting it for a good few years, I realised the futility of the struggle, and have finally given in!

It's taken a week to do some research by looking at other people's blogs and try to find information on line, but here we are - I am here to stay, and ready to share with the world - or whoever's interested enough to visit, in any case.

What an auspicious day for a first post - not only Valentine's Day, but my mother-in-law's birthday! That's why it is rather late for a very first post - still a challenge to get more organised in this life.



Here's a quick layout I did last night/this morning - I was a bit time poor, but really wanted to support a friend, by entering a competition she was running, so I decided to make a bit of an effort at the last minute!
I finally got around to using the Fancy Pants "Whirl" transparency from about 2007, not that I really care much about the age of my stash. I felt it didn't need much adding to it, but to remove some of that really linear quality, I used a shaped piece of cardstock as a template to alter the shape.I took this photo of my mum and niece in the pool on my recent trip to Australia for Christmas this year. It's photographed quite well, apart from the camera flare at the top of the page. I have been waiting to use this wired spotty glitter ribbon for ages now, and I think it works here. The quote and flower stickers are Cloud 9 and some Prima bling and I think the stamping with Hero Arts just finishes it off!

You'll have to give me an opinion on the title of my blog! I had no idea what I was trying to say (which, for those that know me, will say that's pretty usual). Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely layout and photo, I like the bright colours, it matches the photo well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogging Missus!! Looking forward to seeing more photos of your creations. This LO is great, I love the contrast in colours and the photo is cute. :)

    ReplyDelete